I read this tutorial and decided to give it a shot. It says to focus on the eyes. It's hard to do and I only used one arm because of my left side being all bandaged. So here's my selfie. I like it. I don't love it. But I do have pretty good eyes if I do say so myself!



I think it is a fantastic shot! What did you use for lighting? Really lovely, C!
ReplyDelete"Pretty Good"? That's an understatement, those eyes are Amazing!
ReplyDeleteYash, I was in my husband's truck about to go to dinner, so it's the setting sun that I used. The timing was almost too perfect. I took 4 or 5 test shots to see where I needed to go with it and what angle looked best and ended up with this one. 1/100 f/2.5 with my 50mm/1.4 lens. No flash.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love it! I still can't get the eyes to look so crisp in a shot. How much editing did you do, if any, to this shot?
ReplyDeleteYou have to have the eyes as the focal point, period. There really isn't much you can do if they aren't in focus. It's a lot about the depth of field and getting that focal point right. You must have the eye closest to you in sharp focus.
ReplyDeleteYes, I did edit this photo, but didn't mess much with the exposure. Just tweaked the eyes a little by enhancing the catch light and smoothing out a few forehead wrinkles.