As promised to Ian the day before, Sunday after church we went outside to play in the snow. We didn't have any snow boots so to keep his feet from getting soaked we used some Target shopping bags and tied them over his shoes. They looked ridiculous, but they did the trick and he was able to stomp through the snow and had dry shoes when we went in. Ian had not really had much experience with real snow so when we first went out, he wanted to just stand there and soak it up. Then he remembered seeing someone making a snow angel and dropped down and did that on his own. :) Then he thought he'd like to taste it so he tried to catch some with his tongue. Well that gave little to taste so he leaned down, grabbed some and made sure it wasn't yellow (hee hee) and took a lick! I can't tell you how fun it was to see snow through my son's eyes for the first time. He was just so excited and I couldn't help but be excited, too.
My dad had come out with us and had slipped away to his workshop while we were playing so we went off to find him. See part 2!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)