Because my mom's family has suffered some great losses in the past year or so, no one really felt like celebrating "Christmas" in the traditional sense. My mom was pretty depressed to think that because her sister wasn't here that no one wanted to get together so she schemed up a "Birthday party" and sent out invitations as such. Everyone came and I am so glad they did! There were birthday streamers and party horns and a big cake. My uncle's big joke was that he was going to bring a pinata since he heard that it was Jesus' birthday and thought it might be one of our Hispanic friends. :) That got everyone laughing and we all enjoyed eating ham and turkey, shrimp, relish and all sorts of sweets. We didn't really give gifts to anyone but my grandmother and then all the younger kids received a party favor bag with a few sweet treats. We also got out the old family videos and tortured everyone! I think the birthday party was more fun than the traditional Christmas would have been anyway. We still missed our missing loved ones, but the true meaning of the day was held first and foremost and that was what was most important. Happy Birthday, Jesus! We're so glad you came!
Busy, busy, busy, busy, busy!
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)