Friday, August 13, 2010

Flashback to Fall 1993

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


To say we were the odd couple probably is an understatement. I am still not quite sure how the folks at good old Butler University put us together. I mean our names both start with the letter "C" and we both started out as pharmacy majors, but I think that probably was where our similarities ended. I actually think we have more in common now than we did back then since we both grew up to marry and have 2 beautiful baby boys. But Cathy and I were freshman roommates at Butler. And through our differences we managed to be friends. I'm sure she could say all sorts of lovely and not so lovely things about me. I'm sure I am not the most fun person to live with especially when I am stressed out in the small confines of a dorm room, but she somehow has managed to put those things aside and let the good outshine my bad. (Thanks, Cathy!)

So when I was home it seemed like a fun idea to meet up with Cathy and let our boys play together. So we went over to Cathy's lovely home in Brownsburg for a playdate. It was nice to see Cathy and meet her lovely children. The kids played and of course, we moms took lots of photos. Then we let the big boys have a chance to take photos. Ian took the one of me and Cathy together with my DSLR. Not too shabby! I'll post the ones that Chris and Ian took with the snappy camera in the next post! Thanks for having us over! The kids had a great time and it was great to see you again, Roomie!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you too Roomie! I didn't realize at the time what a rare and wonderful friendship we had going; we were a rare pair of randomly assigned roommates that didn't end up hating each other. And now I find as we grow older, I love you even more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)