Monday, April 26, 2010

And a Response from the Boss

So I got an email Sunday evening from the boss to call him this morning at the District Office. He is a fairly reasonable man and I am thankful for that, but he also is one that if you don't really lay it on the line he really doesn't do too much about situations. So I guess my email with a resignation date was enough to make him reevaluate my situation. So I agreed to stay on for weekends only for now and he agreed to move me out of that store for a while. Seems fair to all involved. I can restore my faith in Walgreen's since he says that most all the other stores run correctly and I can restore my faith in my abilities without being so stressed out all the time. It also gives me a chance to spend some quality time with my kids (and my husband when he returns.)

I did agree to revisit all of this in the fall when flu season rolls around and agreed to pick up some extra shifts during immunization season. I don't mind running flu shot clinics or even manning the pharmacy while another pharmacist gives their undivided attention to give the vaccines. I also don't mind being called for an occasional fill-in shift during the week, but only on an as needed basis (or in pharmacy terms PRN.)

I feel okay with all of this. I feel like I can breathe again. I am not tossing away a career or tenure and I feel like my boss sees value in keeping me around.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like that boss of yours is a smart man.

    Good for you. It sounds like a good plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. will you be working in "my" store?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe. I am going to get assignments on an as needed basis. I don't know which locations for sure, but I imagine that Stan Schlueter Loop will be one of them since they aren't fully staffed right now. HH is fully staffed but there might be a day when the pharmacists there are on vacation and I fill in. All I know is that I am going to be so happy to get a break from the store on Trimmier. That place is just too crazy for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so relieved, the 'boss' is a reasonable guy, but most importantly he recognizes the good thing he's got, and agreed to keep you. It's really terrible to be told you're replaceable. You Are Not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would seem fair to question whether some of "your" performance issues are directly related to the lack of training of the others you work with and the fact that even your boss agrees that your "old" store isn't run correctly?

    At any rate, I'm so pleased with how this all turned out! It seems like the perfect solution. I'm hoping and praying your work days are less stressful as a result! There's no reason to feel so frustrated about your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so SO happy to read this! Congratulations to you! That must be a load off your shoulders! SO happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)