Monday, January 18, 2010

A Tour of the Pizza Place

 



As I said in one of my previous posts, I am the organizer of a playgroup here in town. I'm constantly looking for new and exciting things to do with the kids and today was a hit! I found a local pizza joint does tours and thenlets the kids make their own pizzas. The tour was fantastic! The manager led it and we were shocked at how well he held the children's attention and how he engaged them by talking to them instead of at them. The kids witnessed the pizzas being made and got to see the back room and then were able to come out and spread their own sauce, cheese and place their 10 pepperonis on their own pizza. Then they carried them back to the oven. They came out piping hot and we feasted on the fruits of their labor (and a few extras that the staff made!) The cost was minimal per child and the kids enjoyed every minute!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I wish we had a place we could do that up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you go? it does look like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)