Day 54: My day yesterday was such a blur. I did remember to snap this before the 24 hour period elasped, but you can tell it was just snapped and done. My body really was just out of it. These are clindamycin 150mg capsules for those that are curious. Just antibiotics, nothing too exciting there. I look at pills all day long on the days that I work and there are some pretty intriguing color combos. These actually fall into the interesting category. For those that like me to talk all nerdy and pharmaceutical, clindamycin is a lincosamide antibiotic. It will cover anaerobic bacteria, but also has coverage for MRSA (aerobic) which is what I am being treated for. It has bacteriostatic properties which means it inhibits bacterial growth vs being bactericidal which actually kills bacteria. I won't go into how it does it because it gets way too technical and I'd have to look it up. I am taking a hefty dose so my biggest chance for a side effect is diarrhea due to C. diff so I am taking probiotics to prevent that from happening. So there you have it, Day 54 a day late being posted.
Day 55: A lovely gesture from a couple that are friends of mine here in Special K. They knew that I'd been very ill and sent this over this evening. I'm thankful for the fruit, but more thankful to have such great friends!
But look how Productive you've been on the blog today. :)
ReplyDeletePoor gal! Glad you're starting to feel better. Nice shot for a lady who was SO not feeling well! Love the fruit bouquet! LOL
ReplyDelete