Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shoot and Edit: Week 2






This morning I am linking up with Ashley Sisk for week 2 of Shoot and Edit. You can see my original SOOC shot at the top and my first edit below. I adjusted my white balance by taking the eye dropper and touching on the right side of my photograph. That brightened up the image quite a bit. I adjusted my midtones a touch and also my black. To me this gave a nice crisp image so I left it at that.










For this second edit, I ran a high pass filter/soft light and bumped the opacity down to 80%. I then added a Solid color layer in a warm yellow brown on soft ligth and bumped the opacity down. I then ran My Four Hens Warm Rain Action and then added Kim Klassen's Warm Vintage texture. It was just a touch too yellow for me then so I added a soft white color layer on soft light and turned the opacity down to 50%.


Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. AWESOME JOB! I love it! :-)

    Thanks again for sharing this journey with us!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work - I think I really love your first edit. It brights out the detail but leaves a lot of the original color. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that second one - so warm, and the brown tone you achieved is awesome! Almost makes me want to give coffee another try. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both. The first edit seems so much more 3D, and it just jumps out with it's clarity and sense of "morning". The second edit is gorgeous with it's detail and warm tones too. How do you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the edit! Love the color & the detail of the beans! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps. the recipe is there! It's in the sentence right above my signature! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first edit the most, but it was a really cool shot to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photo and the edit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome edit! I can just SMELL the coffee beans. mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both edits are great...I like that the white in the 1st one is so pure, but I also LOVE the beautiful warmth in the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful edits...love how the details pop in your first edit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I am very new to editing and don't have any advanced software yet so I'm finding it so interesting to see what can be done. Love your edits! Also...I appreciate the sacrifices your family has made as an Army family:) Look forward to seeing your future edits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the edits! Nice work!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
    Have a good weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love hearing the 'how to' behind your photos! Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great edit. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)