Bill had reserved a hotel for us when he was still Afghanistan for this weekend in Irving, TX. He wanted to go see the Rays play the Rangers and we used our Hilton Honors points to get the room for "free." So we got a bit of a late start because Bill took Ian to Home Depot and we really had no reason to hurry since we had ZERO plans for Saturday evening. So we got into the car around 11am and I was feeling a bit hungry. Well, I tend to get nauseated when I am hungry and in the car riding unless we stop and I eat and get my limbs back under me. So me feeling woozy insisted we stop in Waco and Bill suggested one of our favorite Mexican places called Don Carlos'. We shared fajitas and the boys had chicken tenders and flautas. Well even though I ate, I still wasn't feeling 100%, so since we have a membership to the Mayborn Museum and Bill hasn't been there we decided to go ahead and stop there for a little while. The kids would get a chance to run off some energy and hopefully would sleep the rest of the way to the Dallas suburbs. I wasn't wrong! The kids had a great time and Bill and I did, too! It was the perfect way to break up the car trip and by the time we resumed our ride, I was feeling much better!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)