Since Jen really hadn't seen much of Central Texas before, I felt it was important to start at the center of it all. So off we set to the state capital, Austin. Our first stop along the way was to the Capitol building. We had found out that there was 2 hours worth of FREE parking at the garage on 12th and San Jacinto and drove straight there. We walked the block over to the Capitol grounds and decided that a stop in the Visitor Center was in order. So off we went to find the entrance and to get some information. The Visitor center was nice. There were several exhibits in there and Ian enjoyed the O. Henry one since it had a phone receiver as a means of getting the story. After the gift shop stop, we were off to gaze at the amazing building across the lawn. We entered through the North entrance and were surprised that there were no scanners or wands or any type of security. We then giggled that since this is Texas that likely 90% of the people there were "packing heat!" LOL. We really enjoyed looking at all the architecture. We even were able to give Ian a short government lesson by showing him the House Chambers and the Senate Chambers. It was quite a glorious building and I am glad we were able to see it. From what I understand it's the largest state capital building in America. Why doesn't that surprise me? LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)