Monday, March 22, 2010

Where I Think Our Country Went Wrong

Separation of Church and State.

Yes, this is where our demise started in my opinion. It started with letting the government inch it's way into governing aspects of our lives in which it had no business. Welfare is a crock of bankrupt crap and it never should have happened in the first place. Why? Well, because God commanded the Church to take care of the poor and the widowers, etc. I'm not saying churches don't try to help these folks. Not at all. But what I am saying is that they aren't the front runners in helping people get back on their feet to become working and being productive citizens again. The government has instead enabled a couple of generations to feel entitled to government monies simply because somewhere along the line they fell upon hard times. Now we have children growing up feeling like taking monies from government programs is normal and acceptable. They are proud that they are getting welfare to a degree. It's socially acceptable. And to them, it's FREE. That burns me to no end when I hear that at the pick up counter of the pharmacy I work in. No sweetheart, it's not free. It's costing me and my children quite a bit to fund your money sucking habits of going to the ER for every sniffle and picking up medication for no cost to you. It's costing me plenty. And it's costing you your freedom in more ways than you realize in your selfish moment of instant gratification.

This healthcare reform bill that passed yesterday is another example of passing along a legacy of debt and entitlement to generations of Americans who don't have the motivation to really do something with themselves. We've enabled them to become apathetic, nonproductive citizens voting over and over to garnish money from govenment agencies. This is only getting worse and worse. Big Government, little citizen... relying on Big Government. Our founding fathers would be appalled. This is definitely NOT what they meant. Not at all. And separation of Church and State? That was meant to keep the government from infiltrating the church. To protect the Church from the government, not the other way way around.

I am saddened. I am alarmed and I am certainly hoping that people WAKE UP. The demise of all the great democracies began with much of the same types of policies.


The Fall of Democracy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When the thirteen colonies were still a part of England, Professor Alexander Tyler wrote about the fall of the Athenian republic over two thousand years previous to that time:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage.

Alexander Tyler


I think that we are definitely in the "apathy to dependency" phase of this. And I fear for the bondage that will endure or our children will endure in the near future.

I find myself praying and praying hard for this nation. I pray for our children and their children. These appear to be end times. Many natural disasters, lots of talk about ridding ourselves of our alliance with Israel and siding with Palestine, government funding murder in the form of a "woman's right to choose", removing all things related to the Almighty God from our schools and public venues in lieu of things that promote Islam or any other religion and the list just goes on and on. I hate to sound preachy, but I do believe these things and have conviction in my faith. I pray that my friends and family remain true to God and that they aren't swayed by the ways of this world. Lord, save us!

2 comments:

  1. Preach it sister!! I agree with EVERYTHING you have typed!!

    Once of my friends put on her facebook status last week "The earh is having contractions..." with an underlying meaning that the end times are here. :) Who knows... she could be on to something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very VERY well said...I agree 100%.

    You should submit this to your local newspaper - or a national one. You are very well written!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I would love to see what you are doing on your blog so make sure I can find you with either a link or having your blog linked to your name. I have a couple of giveaways planned so be sure to follow! :)